Faculty and Staff
The Texas A&M Study Abroad Programs Office offers a variety of resources and coordination support for faculty and staff taking students abroad. Various program models exist to support faculty and staff in meeting university travel rules and academic requirements while supporting high-impact learning and the commitment to life-long learning.
Program models offered include:
- Faculty-led: more than 50% of course contact hours are taught abroad.
- Faculty-led/Hybrid: more than 50% of the faculty-led coursework is taught abroad & is combined with a partner institution’s course for reciprocal exchange or transfer credit.
- Short-term Group Trips: less than 50% of the coursework (if a course is linked with a field trip) is taught abroad; duration usually 1 to 2 weeks.
- Supervised Direct Enrollment: transfer credit coursework and faculty or staff member acts as a leader/liaison for part of the program.
- Other program models include offering internships, research, and other experiential learning abroad opportunities.
Please contact us
for more information.